Saturday 22 April 2017

What I'm Loving Lately (No. 1)



I'm calling this No. 1 optimistically - when it comes to blogging, I always start out with great intentions of writing on the regular, only to lose steam after a couple weeks.

For now, though, I'm feeling it. So with that in mind, I bring you what I hope will be the first in a semi-regular series.

1. Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato

Or iced coffee beverages in general. I have always been a tea person, but I've always wanted to be a coffee person. I'm still not big on hot coffee, but over ice? The best. The caramel macchiato with coconut milk is my favourite by far these days.

2. Foxbrook Lipstick

One word: obsessed. My friend Cat is the girlboss behind Foxbrook Lipstick and I can't say enough good things about these lipsticks. The formula is amazing (long-wearing and never drying) and the colours are beautiful. My favourite is Luna - I get SO many compliments when I wear this lipstick, it's unreal.

I also own Allie, Sammy Jo, Jamie-Leigh and Dee (holiday collection). Next on the list: Ana and Reckless.

3. The Daily Grace Co. Journaling Bible 

I have one similar to this one and I love it so much. The extra space is great for making notes and doodles and after years of being hardcore KJV only, I am really enjoying the switch to ESV. I have also been using the YouVersion app on my phone frequently, which lets you explore other translations. Other favourites lately include the NLT and the Message.

4. Reitman's R Jeans 

I have two pairs of these (black and dark denim) and I wear them all. the. time. They are so soft and comfortable - basically the opposite of every pair of jeans I have ever owned.

5. Crockpot lasagna 

I didn't expect this to work - and if it did, I didn't expect it to be good. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. This doesn't improve on the prep or cook time for a lasagna but there's just something about it that makes it feel really effortless. I've made crockpot lasagna at least four times since I found the initial recipe.

6.  BodyJam 65

We revisited Afro Circus Jam during the time between the last release and the new release. I totally forgot how awesome this release is.

7. elf highlighter

Picked this up because I wanted to try a highlighter but I didn't want to spend too much money in the event I couldn't pull it off. I bought it in moonlight pearl (which is not listed on the website, for some reason) and have been skipping the contour to keep the look softer. Still learning the best way to apply it, but I am liking the results so far.

8. Pop music from the early 2000s

S Club 7, the Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, DREAM...you name it, it's been my office soundtrack.  Is it musical brilliance? Not really. Is it fun? You know it.

9.  Lunchtime walks

Now that most of the snow has melted, it's finally nice enough to get out over lunch. A nice break plus a little bit of fresh air = just what I need to make it through the afternoon.

10.  Blogging

Three posts in a week? What is the world?  I'd like to say this is a step toward consistency but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment