Saturday 13 February 2016

change is coming


An incomplete account of important things I have learned during the first 44 days of 2016

  • coffee actually is an acquired taste
  • I will always enjoy a young adult novel more than an "adult" novel
  • I like adult novels, too, though
  • the new Weight Watchers program is terrible and restrictive
  • losing weight is hard
  • LifeProof cases are not as life-proof as they claim to be
  • cats are the best
  • finding time to meet with wedding vendors during the work week is no simple task
  • planning a wedding becomes a lot less annoying when you finally accept that it's YOUR WEDDING and you can do what YOU want (including opting for an unconventional meal at your reception) 
  • Sh'Bam, like coffee, is also an acquired taste. It's worth trying a second or third or 15th time. When life is tough, dance it out
  • it's OK to not go to every social event. It's OK to need time alone.
  • volunteering in kids ministry is good for the soul 
  • the new Justin Bieber album is excellent. I'd call it my guilty pleasure, but I don't feel guilty about it #hatersgonnahate 
  • an under-performing thyroid really messes with your body 
  • sometimes they best way to prepare for a job interview is to go see a movie the night before
  • because no matter how hard you prepare, you're still going to be sweating bullets when you go to said interview
  • pick a dark coloured blazer for a job interview (see previous point on sweating)
  • happiness is more important than security when it comes to work 
  • seeking after God's will is more important than both the aforementioned items. Even if it means doing things that some people won't understand. Like going back to school (hopefully next year. BSW, online through Dal)
  • and giving up complaining and stressing about an area of my life I have no control over for lent = challenging but necessary and SO refreshing 

The overarching lesson - an epiphany, of sorts

I want whatever I do next in this life to be more about helping others than building up my image or reputation. I don't know what that's going to look like, but God does. And even though 2016 has been off to a strange start, I know he is faithful to the end. 

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change
James 1:16-17




2 comments:

  1. "I want whatever I do next in this life to be more about helping others than building up my image or reputation." Yes! So much love I have for this!

    Also, thank you for the tip about LifeProof cases...

    And yes, to cats!

    Love ya, Tara ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously so unimpressed when my LifeProof case all but crumbled in my hands. Although, to be fair, I did get about three years out of it, so...there's that? I'm due for an upgrade soon, so I will likely hold off on buying another until I figure out what I'm going to do when my contract ends. Maybe this means I will finally be able to have a cute case (instead of a functional one haha)

      Love ya, too, lovely <3

      Delete